Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Toddler tantrums

My toddler (19 months) has been driving me nutty lately. In her defense, I know her behavior is typical for her age and she has had the minor change of a new sibling. Please tell me I am not the only mom that feels this way?! I love her. Of course I do but man she can be a handful some days. Yesterday for instance...every time I go to feed her baby brother his bottle she would say "No!" and then screech at the top of her lungs until I finished feeding him. Also, he would just be hanging out on his activity mat and she would walk up and tell him "No!" and then bop him. I would get on to her and then she would just stand there and cry at the top of her lungs. She is loving (as do most kids her age) opening every single cabinet, drawer, etc. and pulling everything out. I mean this child is fast. She can annihilate an entire room in mere minutes. And the car. Oh how I loathe riding with her in the car. You have to wrangle her into her car seat and then she will cry most the ride. I am ready for this stage to be over. One day at a time.

But darn she can be cute too. Which I guess makes up for all the bad moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment