I am excited about this Sunday and watching the Giants vs Patriots. Ok, ok....I'm more excited about the FOOD that goes along with the game. ;)
Here are some of my fav recipes for the big day:
Brown Sugar Smokies
1 pound of bacon
1 (16 oz.) package of little smokie sausages
1/2 cup of brown sugar (or to taste)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Cut bacon into thirds and wrap each strip around a little sausage. Place the wrapped sausages on a toothpick and set on baking sheet. Sprinkle them with brown sugar.
3) Bake until bacon is crisp and brown sugar is melted.
16 large fresh mushrooms
2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 cups of Ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups of grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Wash mushrooms, remove stems, hollow out and then brush inside & out with olive oil
3) In a medium mixing bowl, combine cheeses, reserving 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese for later. Stuff into the mushroom caps and arrange on cookie sheet. Sprinkle mushrooms with reserved Parmesan cheese.
4) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and brownish.
Catie's Easy Chili
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
4 1/2 tablespoons chili seasoning
dash of hot sauce (if desired)
1 (15 oz.) can of light red kidney beans
1 (15 oz.) can of dark red kidney beans
1) In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease.
2) Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, hot sauce, chili seasoning mix, and kidney beans. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour. (the longer, the better!)
Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream if desired. This tastes even better reheated the next day in my opinion. :)
Hot Mexican Spinach Dip
1 (16 oz.) jar of salsa (I prefer hot)
1 (10 oz.) package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 (2.25 oz.) can chopped black olives, drained
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (optional)
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans, drained
salt and pepper to taste
Throw all ingredients together in crock pot and simmer on low for at least 3 hours. Easy and yummy!
Serve with tortilla chips.